Sunday, July 4, 2010

Hi

Well, this is the beginning. The Overture of sorts to this blog. The conductor is in the podium (I'm at my computer). The score is open (I'm online and at the blogspot website). The audience is sitting and waiting for the downbeat (You are reading this peculiar metaphor). If you've made it this far into my blog, then the music starts now. Whether it's good or not, that's for you to determine.

Enough of that. In short, my name is Ben. I am an aspiring conductor who lives in the Twin Cities. And I absolutely love opera. I've been an opera geek for several years now, and thought it might be fun to host an intelligent blog and forum for the discussion of opera. Yes, DISCUSSION. That means that if you want to comment on your take, whether you agree or disagree with my thoughts, then I encourage you to do so. So long as it is relevant, there is no stupid comment or question. This is a forum to learn, to teach, to discuss, to disagree, to share your love and passion for opera.

Enough of the small talk. The wait is over. The conductor is raising his baton. The opera has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment